MILWAUKEE (August 4, 2020) – Cousins Subs® today announced five store-level employees as recipients of a $2,5000 scholarship to help cover the costs of their post-secondary education at a four-year university in pursuit of their legacy of better.
“At Cousins Subs, we’re proud to employ extremely dedicated store-level employees who share our long-standing belief in better through the continual improvement in everything we do,” said Christine Specht, CEO of Cousins Subs and President of the Make It Better Foundation. “For the first time in the scholarship’s history, we’re awarding all five finalists with a scholarship to help them build their legacy of better because they embody our company values – grounded, optimistic passionate and purposeful – each and every day.”
The five Cousins Subs store-level employees receiving a $2,500 Legacy Scholarship are:
- Andrew Egnarski – A Team Lead at the franchise-owned restaurant in Pulaski, Wisconsin. Andrew attends Concordia University – St. Paul where is he studying business management.
- Matthew Knoke – A Multi-Unit Manager at our corporate-owned restaurant in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Matthew attends the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay where he is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications.
- Marquasia Lampley – A Shift Leader at our corporate-owned restaurant in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. She attends Marquette University and is studying both supply chain management and entrepreneurship.
- Genevieve Jagodzinski – A Manager at the franchise-owned restaurant on Miller Park Way in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She attends the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where she is studying sign language interpretation.
- Emily Seidl – A Crew Member at the franchise-owned restaurant in Manitowoc, Wisconsin. She will attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison in the fall and study nursing.
The five scholarships are funded by the Make It Better Foundation – the brand’s nonprofit organization that addresses the vital community needs of youth education, hunger and health and wellness. Since the inception of the Legacy Scholarship in 2018, the Make It Better Foundation has awarded $42,500 in scholarships to 17 Cousins Subs crew members. For more information about the Make It Better Foundation, please visit www.cousinssubs.com/foundation.
ABOUT COUSINS SUBS
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better – both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate nearly 100 sub sandwich shops in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs using only the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
ABOUT THE MAKE IT BETTER FOUNDATION
Established in 2013, the Make It Better Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that aims to improve the general welfare and quality of life in the communities Cousins Subs serves. The foundation is dedicated to funding three areas of interest that are vital to any community: health and wellness, hunger and youth education. Since its inception, the Make It Better Foundation has awarded more than $512,000 in grants to more than 107 nonprofits in Wisconsin. For more information on the Make It Better Foundation, visit www.cousinssubs.com/foundation.