COUSINS SUBS® MAKE IT BETTER FOUNDATION AWARDS MORE THAN $10,000 TO LOCAL NONPROFITS
Organizations Look to Address Vital Needs of Health & Wellness, Hunger and Youth Education
For media inquiries, please contact:
Kristen Tracy | PR Manager | 262-250-2802
MILWAUKEE (November 13, 2023) – Cousins Subs® announces five organizations as recipients of a combined $10,904 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will help offset the cost of resources and programming that address the vital community needs of health and wellness, hunger and youth education.
"We are honored to support these organizations and their vital initiatives," said Justin McCoy, vice president of marketing at Cousins Subs. "Through the Make It Better Foundation, we are able to stay true to our mission and make a positive difference in our communities."
The four Make It Better Foundation grant recipients include:
• Cedarburg Cultural Center – A $1,000 grant will help support the organization’s Youth Plein Air Competition and Art Education Classes that aims to offset the recent lack of art and music education programs in public schools.
• Eastbrook Academy – A $2,000 grant will help fund the school’s “Affordable and Wholesome Food Choices” program that strives to provide accessible and healthy food choices.
• GPS Education Partners – A $2,500 grant will help support the organization’s “Youth Apprenticeship/Education Center” program that blends academic enrichment with career and technical education for local at-risk youth.
• Riverview Gardens – A $2,500 grant will help fund the organization’s “ServiceWorks” program, a no-cost, no-fail job training and placement program focused on critical transferable life and work skills to help people obtain stable, permanent employment.
• Vision Forward Association – A $2,904 grant will be used to buy physical therapy equipment for visually-impaired and blind children. This will help the organization provide one-on-one physical therapy and sensory education to help these children develop their other senses, like touch and hearing, to compensate for their vision loss.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofits, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated more than $1 million to nearly 150 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
For more information on grant eligibility and how to apply for a Make It Better Foundation grant, interested nonprofit organizations can visit cousinssubs.com/foundation.
About Cousins Subs
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better – both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate nearly 100 sub sandwich shops throughout Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs using only the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily. For more information, visit cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.