COUSINS SUBS® RECOGNIZES OUTSTANDING FRANCHISEES AT ANNUAL MEETING
- Awards Presented For Sales Achievement, Tenure, Guest Service, Marketing and Community Involvement –
MILWAUKEE (May 14, 2013) – Milwaukee-based Cousins Subs® recognized a number of its franchisees for outstanding performance at its annual meeting at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells from April 28th – 30th. Approximately 200 franchisees, corporate employees, vendors and guests were in attendance.
Cousins Subs’ coveted “Franchisee of the Year” award was presented to Andy Lanz from Verona, Wisconsin.
“Andy exemplifies everything it means to be a part of the Cousins Subs family,” said Christine Specht, president and COO of Cousins Subs. “He has demonstrated excellence in all aspects of owning and operating a franchise – marketing, store operations, guest service and leadership.”
“I’m honored to have received this award,’” said Andy Lanz. “I believe in my team who all work hard and I am proud of what we accomplish together.”
Other award categories and winners were:
- Sales Achievement: presented to the store with the highest percentincrease in sales from the previous year. Winner: Andy Lanz from Verona, WI
- Sales Leadership: presented to the store with the highest gross sales. Winners: Bill Specht Jr., Nick and Kym Gierach from Germantown, WI
- Vendor of the Year: presented to a supplier/partner that has provided exceptional product or service with top-notch quality, great value, and is backed by excellent customer service. Winner: Sprecher Brewing Company from Milwaukee, WI
- Make It Better: presented to a franchisee who is committed to Cousins Subs’ mission to “Make It A Better Day” through community involvement and donation in the areas of hunger, health/wellness and education. Winner: James Valentine from Brookfield, WI
- Marketing Award: presented to a franchisee who has demonstrated excellence in planning and executing their local store marketing plans, community outreach, and representing Cousins. Winners: Dwayne & Carrie Bilicki, Scott & Julie Heindel from Franklin, WI
- Guest Service Award: presented to a franchisee who has excelled in store appearance, guest service, and food quality that keeps their guests coming back. Winners: David & Laurie Johnson from Ripon, WI
- 5 Years of Service: Arvind Patel, Toby Krommer and Vijay Sehgal
- 10 Years of Service: Kim & Duane Seidler, and Jim Grochowski
- 15 Years of Service: Mark Morello, Tom Jones, Connie Pytlik, and Shah & Alia Hussaini
- 25 Years of Service: Jill Bohn, Maria Piotter and Bill Specht Jr.
- 35 Years of Service: Mike Laabs
“All of our franchisees work hard to achieve Cousins Subs’ mission to ‘Make It A Better Day,”’ said Specht. “Without them, we would not be able to have sustained such a high quality product and level of guest service for the past 41 years, and counting.”
Cousins Subs® and its franchisees operate more than 140 sub sandwich shops in six states, with bold expansion plans. The first Cousins Subs was established in Milwaukee in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin. Their dream was to bring East Coast-style sub sandwiches to Milwaukee – with their own handcrafted touch. They started with their bread, developing a secret recipe with the perfect taste and crunch. That bread is the cornerstone of the Cousins Subs slogan, “Better Bread. Better Subs. Better Day.” The original recipe is still closely followed at every Cousins Subs store, where each sandwich is made to order using freshly sliced deli meats, cheeses, and vegetables – and the bread is baked fresh each day. Forty-one years later and still family owned, Cousins Subs employees and franchisees are driven by their mission to “Make it a Better Day” in all they do. In 2013, the brand proudly announced the establishment of the Make it Better Foundation, dedicated to funding causes that address health and wellness, hunger and youth education in the communities that Cousins Subs serves. For more information, visit www.cousinssubs.com. You can also find Cousins Subs on Facebook and Twitter.